Children of Ug-Qualtoth
- Level Designer -
Children of Ug-Qualtoth is a suspenseful lovecraftian quest mod with a sprawling dungeon, unique enemies, custom composed music and brand new weapons. Follow the trail of the Dunwich company and discover a disturbing past long forgotten.
As Level Designer I designed the main dungeon used in the mod, from greybox to final design. Tasks for this role included the following:
Children of Ug-Qualtoth was chosen by Bethesda Softworks as a featured mod for the month of May. Can currently be found in the Featured category on Fallout 4 [Xbox One or PC].
In-game screenshots of the dungeon. For the portfolio, I've significantly increased the lighting so the design is easier to see. Actual lighting is much darker.
Detailed Role Description / Tasks:
2. Graybox design in Creation Kit
3. Initial proof of concept
2. Clutter / Decoration Pass
3. Create and implement encounters:
- Scripted Custom Events
- Creating custom NPC's
- Set Pieces
4. Playtest Level (Recurring throughout development)
5. Optimization Pass (Navmesh, Lighting [#oflights], Boundaries, etc.)
6. Early polish
7. Host final review session with all stakeholders
8. Final Polish [Has now officially started]
9. Post-Launch patchworking
Reviews of the Mod: